Applicants must have completed one of the following in order to be eligible to sit for the CBCMR examination. Training and experience requirements are consistent with practice guidelines from societies involved in the fields of cardiovascular imaging. All documentation must be in English or accompanied by a translation.
Formal CMR Training (For Applicants with formal training in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance)
- Physicians with Board Certification in Cardiology or Radiology who have met at least one of the following:
- COCATS 4 Task Force 8: Training in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Level 2 (or 3) OR
- SCMR Guidelines for Training in Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (CMR): Level 2 (or 3) OR
- European CMR Certification: Level 2 (or 3) OR
- ACR-NASCI-SPR Practice Parameter for the Performance and Interpretation of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and qualified according to Section III.A.1 – Physician with prior qualification in general MRI
Documentation To Verify Formal CMR Training
Please upload the completed documentation with your CBCMR application:
- CBCMR Training Attestation – Cardiology/Radiology
- CBCMR Training and Clinical Experience Attestation – Nuclear Medicine (for physicians who are/will be board certified in nuclear medicine)
Note: If applying more than 36 months since completion of training or the date provided on an SCMR verification letter/EuroCMR Certification document, the applicant must be able to document 100 CMR cases in the previous 24 months, subject to audit (do not submit cases or case log with application).Candidates without formal cardiovascular magnetic resonance training may meet eligibility through the Clinical CMR Experience pathway.