View and listen to our mental health podcasts and webinars to better navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many in our healthcare community have found themselves at the forefront of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and dealing with challenges from this uncertain time, including mental health concerns. The well-being of our healthcare professionals is critically important to us. APCA and our family of certification councils, have provided you with mental health podcasts, webinars and other resources to help you navigate the ever-changing environment of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Inteleos/APA Webinar Series
In partnership with the American Psychological Association (APA), Inteleos and its certification alliances are proud to bring you a 3-part webinar series on timely, important mental health topics. Read the press release here.
Fostering Resiliency Through and Beyond COVID-19
Session Recorded: December 15, 2020 | 4:30 – 5:30 pm EST
- Lisa M. Brown, PhD, ABPP – Professor, Director of the Trauma Program, Palo Alto University and Adjunct Clinical Professor, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Leah Weiss, PhD – Lecturer, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Researcher, Consultant, and Author
Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic has been compared to a marathon, not a sprint, and after months of enduring the crisis, many are questioning whether their self-care practices are enough to withstand the long haul. Healthcare workers are especially impacted. Watch this webinar with Dr. Lisa Brown and Dr. Leah Weiss as they address the topic of resilience and offer practical strategies for staying resilient as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
Battling Burnout in the COVID-19 Era – Recording now available
Session Recorded: November 18, 2020 | 4:00 – 5:00 pm EST
Guest Speaker: Mana K. Ali, PhD,
Psychologist – Spinal Cord Injury/Disease Unit,
MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
Being on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, many healthcare workers bear the burden of a unique stress imposed on them by the very nature of their job: regular, if not daily, exposure to the virus. This webinar will offers insight on identifying signs of, managing and reducing stress. Dr. Ali defines burnout and provides insight on how to cope in this stressful pandemic environment.
Effective Leadership & Self-Care Strategies in the Time of COVID-19
Session Recorded: October 29, 2020 | 4:00 – 5:00 pm EDT
- Arthur C. Evans, Jr., PhD – CEO and EVP, American Psychological Association
- Leah Jolly, MSAH, RVT, RPhS – Assistant Professor & Clinical Coordinator, Vascular Technology Program, Oregon Institute of Technology, and Vice-Chair, ARDMS Council
- Raymond Russell, MD, PhD, FACC, MASNC – Professor of Medicine, Director – Nuclear Cardiology, Director – Cardio-Oncology, Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital, and Vice-Chair, APCA Council
Moderated by Dale R. Cyr, MBA, CAE – CEO, Inteleos
Healthcare workers are at great risk for increased stress due to COVID-19 and even more so at risk are those in leadership positions. Join us for this complimentary webinar in which our panelists – who are leaders too – offer supportive information and tools regarding self-care during these unprecedented times. It is critical for leaders to care for themselves before they can effectively care for and lead others.
Guest Speaker: Wendy Dean, MD – President, CEO and Co-Founder of The Moral Injury of Healthcare
Host: Tricia Turner, RDMS, RVT – Chair, ARDMS Council and Director of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at South Hills School of Business & Technology
Listen to The Podcasts:
- Podcast 1: What is Moral Injury and How Does it Relate to What Healthcare Professionals are Experiencing During COVID-19?
- Podcast 2: How Can Leadership Support Psychological Readiness and Recovery for Healthcare Workers?
Session Recorded: August 4, 2020 | 4:00 – 5:00 pm EDT
Speaker: Albert W. Wu, MD, MPH – Professor of Health Policy & Management and Medicine, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
Watch the Webinar:
- Leading Your Institution, Your Colleagues, & Yourself Through Stressful Times Webinar.
- In this webinar, Dr. Albert Wu of Johns Hopkins Medicine describes the harmful impact of COVID-19 on the psychological well-being of healthcare workers, including short-term feelings of fear, anxiety and frustration to long-term risks of burnout and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). These stresses on our healthcare providers can lead to detrimental patient care, emphasizing the important need for institutions to provide an integrated continuum of staff support programs. Dr. Wu goes on to stress what individuals should do during this health crisis to promote good mental health, including taking care of basic needs and reaching out to colleagues to stay connected.
- Physicians Support Line Service (1-888-409-0141)
- Stress in America 2020: Stress in the Time of Covid-19, Volume Two (American Psychological Association)
- We Must Unmute (American Psychological Association)
- Treating anxiety and stress in front-line workers: A step by step CBT guide (American Psychological Association)
- Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak (National Center for PTSD)
- Dealing with Stress, Anxiety, and Grief during COVID-19 (NIH, from ARDMS Clearinghouse page)
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty (Psychology Tools, from ARDMS Clearinghouse page)
- Common Substance Use Disorders (Addiction Group)
- Professional Alcoholism (Rehab Spot)
- Resources to Support the Health and Well-Being of Clinicians During COVID-19 (National Academy of Medicine)
- COVID-19 Self Care Resources for Healthcare (American Psychological Association)
- Coping with Fatigue, Fear, and Panic During a Crisis (American Psychological Association)
- Healthcare Personnel and First Responders: How to Cope with Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic (CDC)
- Sustaining the Well-being of Healthcare Personnel during Coronavirus and other Infectious Disease Outbreaks (Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress)
- Coronavirus and Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (American Psychiatric Association)
- The 8 Key Elements of Resilience (Psychology Today, from ARDMS Clearinghouse page)
- Daily Love Yourself Reminder (POCUS Website)
- Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak (National Center for PTSD, from ARDMS Clearinghouse page)
- How to improve wellbeing at work (in the era of stress and burnout) (Fingerprint For Success)
- Coronavirus Pandemic Toolkit (The Moral Injury of Healthcare)
- Stress Management for Leaders Responding to a Crisis (American Psychological Association)
- How leaders can maximize trust and minimize stress during the COVID-19 pandemic (American Psychological Association)
- Supporting employee mental health when reopening the workplace (American Psychological Association)
- Creating a Resilient Organization for Health Care Workers During a Crisis (American Medical Association)
- Supporting Clinicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Annals of Internal Medicine)
- Speaking of Psychology: Coronavirus Anxiety (Part 1) (American Psychological Association)
- Speaking of Psychology: Coronavirus Anxiety (Part 2) (American Psychological Association)
- Ep 75: Identifying and Coping with Mental Health Effects of COVID-19 (American Psychological Association / Support the Front)
- Peace of Mind During COVID19 Pandemic with Matt Zinder, MS, CRNA, CH (American Psychological Association / Support the Front)
- The Role of Resilience in the Face of COVID-19 with Ann Masten, PhD (American Psychological Association)
- Managing Anxiety and Stress in Times of Uncertainty (Session 1) (American Psychological Association)
- What is Anxiety? (Psych Hub)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Psych Hub)
- Coping in the Era of Coronavirus (A Webinar for Students) (American Psychological Association)
- Wellness Tips for Improving Your Mental Health (Psych Hub)
- Caring for Yourself & Others During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Managing Healthcare Workers’ Stress (The Schwartz Center)
- The Power of Kindness and Compassion in Mental Health (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Managing the Emotional Ups and Downs of COVID-19 for the Frontline (Psych Hub)
- COVID-19 stress management tools (American Psychological Association)
- Taking Care of Yourself: Self-Care Strategies for Effective Leadership (American Psychological Association and National League of Cities)
- Using the Psychological Science of Crisis Leadership and Communications to Navigate COVID 19 (American Psychological Association)
- Psychological First Aid: Addressing Mental Health Distress During Disasters (CDC)
Disclaimer: The information, views and opinions expressed by the presenters do not necessarily reflect the policies, positions, or opinions of Inteleos. These online resources are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to provide medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please reach out to your personal physician or medical provider, if you have additional questions. You may also access www.mentalhealth.gov for further information.