Earn an APCA Certification to Validate Your Skills and Meet the Needs of Your Practice
Our certification program supports physicians and advanced care providers interested in continual learning and achieving excellence in medical imaging and vascular medicine. Achieving an APCA certification demonstrates to your patients, colleagues, employers, and the medical facilities you work with that you’re an expert in your field and have the skills and knowledge needed to provide exceptional care to your patients.
APCA offers the following certifications:
- ABVM – American Board of Vascular Medicine Vascular Medicine & Endovascular Medicine Certifications
- CBCCT – Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- CBCMR – Certification Board of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- CBNC – Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- POCUS – Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certification Academy
- RMSK – Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography
- RPVI – Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
APCA also maintains the following country-specific certifications:
- RPVI–China – Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation in China
- Latin American Ultrasound Certificate Program
- Examen de Ultrasonido de Abdomen
- Examen de Ultrasonido en Obstetricia y Ginecología
Find out more about how to apply for all of our examinations on our Application & Examinations Resources page.
Physicians are also welcome to seek the RDMS, RDCS and RVT certifications from our companion Council ARDMS. Please visit Certifications and Examinations for details.
Discover Ways to Give Back
Volunteering with APCA is one of those rare win-win-win situations. It’s a win for you because we give you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues, share your expertise and gain the personal satisfaction that comes with giving back. It’s a win for APCA because volunteers allow us to fulfill our mission. And it’s a win for the health care community, as together we advance patient care in the field of medical imaging.
APCA volunteers determine the content for examinations, write and review questions (we call them items). Volunteers tell us they value the camaraderie and intellectual stimulation of colleagues. And, most importantly, they know their work has a global impact on patient care and safety now and in the future.
For the current list of volunteer opportunities (which includes the development of APCA examinations), please contact the Volunteer Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our Examinations and Certifications.