APCA certification clearly shows your patients, fellow physicians and healthcare professionals, employers and the medical facilities you work with that you are a dedicated professional with an enduring commitment to continual learning and high quality patient care through certification.
Why Get Certified?
We created our certification program to support physicians interested in achieving excellence in medical imaging. Certification distinguishes you as an expert in your field and demonstrates that you have the knowledge and skills needed to provide exceptional care to your patients.
Benefits of Certification
When you achieve APCA certification, you:
- Represent the highest standard in the field
- Communicate a commitment to patient care and safety
- Increase your career opportunities
- Gain visibility and credibility in the field
- Reassure patients and employers that you are committed to excellence in medical imaging
How to Earn APCA Certification(s)
APCA offers the following physician-only certifications:
- RPVI – Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- RMSK – Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography
- CBNC – Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- CBCCT – Certification Board Of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- POCUS – Point-of-Care Ultrasound Academy
APCA also offers the following international physician-only certifications:
- RPVI–China – Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation in China
- Latin American Ultrasound Certificate Program
- Examen de Ultrasonido de Abdomen
- Examen de Ultrasonido de Ginecología y Obstetricia
As a physician, you are also welcome to seek the RDMS, RDCS and RVT certifications from our companion Council ARDMS. Please visit Certifications and Examinations for details.
Discover Ways to Give Back
Volunteering with APCA is one of those rare win-win-win situations. It’s a win for you because we give you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues, share your expertise and gain the personal satisfaction that comes with giving back. It’s a win for APCA because volunteers allow us to fulfill our mission. And it’s a win for the health care community, as together we advance patient care in the field of medical imaging.
APCA volunteers determine the content for examinations, write and review questions (we call them items). Volunteers tell us they value the camaraderie and intellectual stimulation of colleagues. And, most importantly, they know their work has a global impact on patient care and safety now and in the future.
For the current list of volunteer opportunities (which includes the development of APCA examinations), please contact the Volunteer Engagement Team at email@example.com.