Earning CMEs is an integral component of maintaining your APCA and/or ARDMS certification(s) and demonstrates your ongoing commitment to lifelong learning, quality patient care and safety.
Which CMEs are Accepted?
The following organizations meet the requirements of the APCA Accepted Continuing Education Evaluation Model System (AACEEMS) Checklist and provide accepted CMEs.
- American Medical Association (AMA) Physicians Recognition Award , Category I which includes but is not limited to:
– American College of Cardiology (ACC)
– SonoSim, Inc.
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
- Canadian Society for Vascular Surgeons (CSVS)
- Australasian Society For Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM)
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Category A & Category A+
- Sonography Canada (Formerly known as Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (CSDMS))
- CME Committee of the Chinese Medical Association (CMECmte-CMA)
- Chinese Ultrasound Doctors Association (CUDA) (for Annual Conference only)
- Institute of Advanced Allied Health Studies (IA AHS), Hospital Authority, Hong Kong (Earned Beginning May 18, 2010)
What’s Not Accepted?
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Category 2
- Nursing Category A Credits
- Category B Credits
- College Credits
- CPR Certification
- Contact Hours
- Listing of CME credit hours without signature of approved provider/sponsor
This list is not all inclusive. If unsure, email CMEInformation@inteleos.org.
Where can I get CMEs?
Visit CME Providers for a list of companies and organizations as an informational source only. APCA does not review or endorse these or other sources of CME information. Registrants seeking CME credits should ensure in advance that ARDMS accepts the provider of the particular activity by viewing ARDMS’ list of accepted CME providers above
What Should be on the CME Certificate?
CME documentation (certificates, etc…) MUST accurately reflect, at minimum, the following:
- Your full name; handwritten entries are acceptable.
- Your ID number; handwritten entries are acceptable.
- Pre-printed date(s) of courses or activities (must be reflected as MM/DD/YYYY); handwritten entries will be denied.
- Pre-printed names of APCA-approved provider organizations (e.g. General Hospital and Medical Center) and APCA-approved sponsoring organizations; handwritten entries will be denied.
- Pre-printed title of courses or activities; handwritten entries will be denied.
- Number of credit hours awarded; handwritten entries are acceptable.