You must present one acceptable form of identification (ID).
Acceptable forms of ID:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID (including spouse & dependents)
- Identification card (national/state/province identity card)
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, Visa)
- Government Issued: Local language ID (not in Roman characters) – accepted only if issues from the country
the Candidate is testing in
The ID must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have the same first and last name as your name of record with APCA (what you used to apply and
- Be original (no photo copies)
- Be current and valid (with an expiration date that has not passed)
- Have been issued by a government agency (as noted above for acceptable forms of ID)
- Include a photo which can be used to positively identify you
- Include your signature
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable, unless accompanied by valid renewal papers.
- Any government issued ID missing a visible signature or that has an embedded signature can be
supplemented with an original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) ID that has at least a matching name and
- Any candidate exceptions to the ID policy must be pre-approved by the Pearson VUE customer service center
at least three business days before the scheduled examination appointment.
- If a candidate is checking in and does not have one matching form of acceptable ID but has ID that meets the
requirements in his or her vehicle, the candidate may retrieve the ID from his or her vehicle.
- A candidate is permitted to have someone else bring his or her ID to the test center while he or she waits
there as long as the candidate is able to present the ID by the time of the examination appointment (within
the 15-minute late policy is acceptable).
Unacceptable Forms of ID:
- International driver’s licenses that are not issued by a government
- Naturalization papers
- IDs from countries subject to U.S. sanctions
- Voter Registration cards that are paper or plastic and do not include a photo
- Marriage licenses
- Divorce decrees
- Amended documentation
- Birth certificates
- Name change decrees
- Health insurance cards
The sanctions prohibit any U.S. company (including the APCA test vendor and its business partners) from exporting goods and services to these countries, or doing business with their foreign nationals. View the list of sanctioned countries and detailed information about these sanctions.
If you have any questions about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam, please contact Pearson VUE customer service.