Every October, the Alliance for Physician Certification & Advancement (APCA) joins its companion Council, the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®) and many other organizations that celebrate Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month (MUAM). MUAM is a joint effort of the Society for Diagnostic and Medical Sonography (SDMS), American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS), and Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU).
This year, we are celebrating MUAM with a photo contest. Find important information about this year’s photo contest below:
Who can participate?
- You must be an active APCA Certificant.
How do I enter the contest?
- Take a photo of yourself and/or your colleagues celebrating ultrasound awareness month.
- Share the photo on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter) and use the hashtag #MUAMAPCA19
- Submit your photo to APCA via this form.
What is the criteria for the photo?
The photo you submit should:
- Celebrate ultrasound awareness
- Demonstrate creativity and originality
- Be engaging and eye-catching
- Not include personal information or images of patients
What will the winner of the contest win?
- $150 American Express gift card